Are you looking to sell online or to upgrade your website?
We at webhdt provide website development. One of the platforms we offer is Magento. It is an ecommerce platform which provides your online customers with a virtual shopping cart. This lets them select items, add them to the cart, and proceed to checkout (payment and delivery).
Here is an overview of Magento’s products and solutions:
- Magento Commerce – flexible and customizable platform.
- Magento Order management – integrates your online and physical ability to fill a customer’s order.
- Magento Business intelligence – provides you access to more than 70 “best practice” customizable reports and lets you build your own.
- Magento Shipping – uses mlitiple carriers, displays shipping options, and ships from mlitiple locations.
- Magento Social – lets online customers reach your online store through your social network. Use the power of social media to increase brand recognition, increase traffic, and advertise online.
Magento 2.2 is soon to be released.
To keep you in context, here is some version history:
- August 2007 – first beta version
- March 2008 – first stable version Magento Community Edition 1.0, 1.1, 1.3
- 2009 – Community Edition 1.3, and Enterprise Edition 1.6
- 2010 – Community Edition 1.4, and Enterprise Edition 1.8
- 2011 – Community Edition 1.6, and Enterprise Edition 1.11
- 2014 – Community Edition 1.7, and Enterprise Edition 1.12
- 2015 – Community Edition 2.0, and Enterprise Edition 2.0
- 2015 – Community Edition 2.1, and Enterprise Edition 2.1
- 2016 – Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition
Magento’s support for open, community-driven commerce continues with Magento Open Source 2.2. This latest addition includes a range of new features designed to enhance the platform, including:
- Optimized performance and deployment processes that minimize production downtime. Find out more at Configuration Management and Pipeline Deployment.
- Social selling and advertising tools to connect with customers and drive new sales.
- Platform updates that improve developer experience and enhance product quality and security.
Noted differences between upcoming versions for Upgraded technology stack:
- Magento Open Source (previously called Community Edition) 2.2.0: Magento has dropped support for PHP 5.6, and Varnish 3. They now support PHP 7.1 Varnish 5, and MySQL 5.7. All third-party libraries have been upgraded to the latest stable version.
- Magento Commerce (previously called Enterprise Edition) 2.2.0: Magento has dropped support for PHP 5.6, Varnish 3, and Solr. They now support PHP 7.1 and Varnish 5, along with Redis 3.2 and MySQL 5.7. All third-party libraries have been upgraded to the latest stable version. Note: Although they have dropped support for Solr with this release, Solr code will remain in the Magento code base until a later release.
- Magento Commerce (Cloud) 2.2.0: Magento Commerce (Cloud) recommends Fastly 1.2.28 and dropped support for PHP 5.6 and Varnish 3. They now support PHP 7.1 and Varnish 5, along with Redis 3.2 and MySQL 5.7. All third-party libraries have been upgraded to the latest stable version.
Both Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce (Cloud) include the following highlights:
- B2B Commerce functionality is designed to meet the needs of merchants whose primary customers are companies, rather than consumers. Companies can create and maintain their own accounts, each with teams of buyers with various roles and levels of permission. B2B Commerce functionality also includes a flexible API that integrates with a variety of ERP solutions from Magento partners. B2B is supported for Magento Commerce (Cloud) Pro subscriptions. See B2B Quick Tour for an overview of the rich B2B feature set in this release, and Getting Started with Magento Commerce for B2B for a more complete exploration of these new features.
- Magento Commerce Starter. In addition to the Pro version, Magento Cloud (Commerce) now comes in a smaller, platform-as-a-service version — Magento Commerce Starter. This subscription plan differs from the Enterprise Cloud version in some key ways. For an overview of these versions, see Welcome to Magento Commerce Cloud.
- Improvements to the Magento Commerce (Cloud) deployment process. This release includes new build and deployment variables. Users of earlier versions of Magento Commerce (Cloud) will note that MCC has been replaced by ece-tools and ece-patches, which allows for patching the Magento Commerce (Cloud) without requiring a full installation of base code and the patch. For more information, see Magento application environment variables and Composer.
- Integrated Signifyd fraud protection. Learn more about this fraud protection service, which can help merchants eliminate liability for any losses or fees from fraudulent orders, in Signifyd fraud protection.
For full Magento highlights and updates, see their release notes. To learn more about Magento Commerce 2.2 and how it can power both B2C and B2B commerce growth, sign up for the Magento team’s webinar today, that will be held on October 11, 2017, at 11:00 a.m. (America/Toronto).
Contact webhdt for more information on Magento and for all your ecommerce needs.