Marketing for Small Businesses
It is undeniable that marketing for small businesses has shifted from interrupt marketing to permission-based marketing as termed by Seth Godin. The traditional marketing practices of cold calling or mass advertising no longer work for businesses. Those companies who move their marketing dollars online are capitalizing on the limitless opportunities the web offers.
The permission-based marketing is best implemented with a suite of software setup to offer businesses that speed and flexibility it requires to succeed online. This suite of software combined with the proper marketing skills and process can drive the traffic, leads, and sales to a company’s website.
Marketing software platform
A marketing suite of software helps you create, publish and promote your content as well as measure and analyze your campaign responses.
Software to get found online
- content management system (CMS)
- search engine optimization (SEO)
- social media
Software to capture leads
- Landing pages
- Pay per click management
- And call to action that get results
Software to convert leads to sales
- Email marketing software
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Software to analyze and measure
- Google Analytics
The suite of software simplifies your online marketing by pulling together everything you need to grow your business.
Software alone is not enough, implementing and keeping this software working at all-time requires you to get the proper in-house or outsourced technology experts. Your technology partner should know how to keep your site up at all times and make sure the data is well kept and flowing.
Just like any other business initiative, having the proper tools and people combined with a solid process designed increases chances of success.
Simplified view of the process:
- Get found online and generate traffic with content management system, search engine optimization (SEO), blogging, and social media.
- Generate leads from your website with easy to create landing pages and calls to action.
- Drive sales with email marketing, CRM and lead nurturing tools.
- Analyze and measure your campaigns to determine which of your marketing campaigns work and further adapt your content for better results.
To succeed online a business need to have all the pieces into a comprehensive and cohesive strategy that complement each other. As a business owner or a marketing manager, you need to put together a strategy with the software components below to allow you to draw up a complete online campaign and drive towards a deeper return on investment.
Software components in a marketing suite of software:
- Landing pages
- Email marketing
- Social media