1) Research for relevant keywords
- Select a list of relevant keywords that best describe the landing page focus.
- Expand the keyword list with long-tailed targeted keywords and related keywords that competitors use.
- Perform a keyword effectiveness analysis and refine the keyword list.
- Assign the final keyword list to the landing page.
2) Optimize the following on-page elements of the landing page with selected keywords:
- Page TITLE
- META Description tags
- H1 heading
- H2 – HX headings
- ALT tags,
- the website image Titles and
- image file names
3) Optimize anchor texts
Use keywords in inbound internal link texts pointing to landing pages. Make sure link texts are diversified and look natural.
4) Generate Sitemap
Ensure landing page appears on websites sitemap and is submitted to search engines, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo.
5) Spy on competitors
Determine the highest quality webpages now linking to the competitors’ websites. Contact the site owners of the most authoritative ones and find out if you can create backlinks to the promoted from these sources.
6) Optimize your Social media profiles for this landing page (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.)
- Post landing page relevant content and participate in ongoing discussions to build up Facebook Likes and Social Engagement.
- Share on Twitter captivating posts using landing page relevant niche-specific hashtags. Make sure each Twitter post has a link to the landing page and an image to attract more likes and shares.
- Optimize your LinkedIn profile and post landing page related important and relevant keywords: include relevant URLs in the profile, use links with anchor text, add keywords to your summary, specialties, experience and all other description categories.
- Synchronize blog posts with your LinkedIn profile; update it with the LinkedIn status feature frequently.
- Add landing page related corporate photos, cartoons, info-graphics and artistically presented product images to your Pinterest business account. Use a short caption full of important keywords for images.
7) Analyse and report off-page results
- Once a week, monitor the amount of visits brought by social networks. Analyze what drives the most social engagement, what type of content and what topics attract your readers in social networks. Use this information to fine-tune the social media optimization strategy.
- Analyze general information about landing page visitors (geographic area, language, device), check where they come from (referring sites and pages), what they search for (keyword referrer data) and where they land (website's top-trafficked pages). Check the landing page's bounce rate and traffic changes over time to get an insight into visitor behaviour. Use obtained data to adjust the landing page's optimization strategy.
- Analyze goal completions and ecommerce conversions together with user behaviour to find improvement opportunities in the sales funnel.
- Monitor rankings for the selected keywords, use a graph of the Average Ranking Position Trend as a performance indicator.