Accept on-site credit card payments using Moneris eFraud and enhanced security Credit Card payment gateway (applies to Canadian merchants).
Accept Major Credit Cards
- Accept Major Credit Cards – Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover® (ensure your accounts with Moneris supports these credit cards.
- Setup your store with multiple currency (CAD, US and other)
- Available only for Moneris CAD accounts
- SSL certificate is required to ensure credit card details are safely transmitted to Moneris
- AVS: Address Verification Service
- CVD: Card Validation Digits
Moneris payment plugin supports a wide variety of transactions through the Moneris API. Below is a list of transactions supported by this plugin.
Purchase transaction verifies funds on the customer’s card, removes the funds and readies them for deposit into the merchant’s account.
PreAuth transaction verifies and locks funds on the customer’s credit card. The funds are locked for a specified amount of time, based on the card issuer.
The Capture retrieves the locked funds and readies them for settlement into the merchant’s account.
Purchases and Captures can be voided the same day* that they occur. A Void must be for the full amount of the transaction and will remove any record of it from the cardholder’s statement.
A Refund can be performed against a Purchase or a Capture to refund any part, or all of the transaction.
Fraud Protection Tools
Card Verification Value (CVV)
A 3‐4 digit code located on credit cards to verify that the cardholder is in possession of their card.
Address Verification Service (AVS)
Reduce online fraud by verifying the cardholder’s billing address with the card issuer.
Learn more about Moneris eFraud (CVD and AVS)
Accept Secured on-site credit card payments using Moneris eFraud and enhanced security Credit Card payment gateway (applies to Canadian merchants)